1. The classification module/keywords for the the goods & services are taken form the 'Nice convention', specifically the 11th edition - 2017 (copy attached).
2. Only one application that has more than one class of goods or services mentioned in it is acceptable, provided that it is for the very same mark/logo of course and for only one application fee (multi class jurisdiction).
3. Trademark applications filed locally but claiming priority (backdate) from another application that was previously filed before another treaty member jurisdiction's local IP/Trademarks office are acceptable. A certified copy of priority document/proof/application must be submitted within 3 months as from the date of the local filing. This is all in accordance with the 'Paris convention which was previously joined and ratified by Lebanon.
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
To whomever this may reach:
I propose and would appreciate that we share together information relating to the following:
1. The classification module/treaty/manual that is mainly adopted by your local IP/Trademarks office as keywords for the goods & services (eg. Nice classification of goods & services).
2. Whether the local IP/Trademarks office of your jurisdiction does accepts only one application that while it being for the very same mark/logo, sets out multiple classes of goods or services or it is a must that a separate application must be simultaneously or later submitted for each and every class even if it is for the very same mark (single class/multi class).
3. Finally whether he local IP/Trademarks office of your jurisdiction does accept trademark applications that claim priority from other treaty member jurisdictions or the local IP/Trademarks office (eg. Paris convention or any other convention/treaty).
P.S.: I will post the part that is applicable to me in a separate posting.
Thank you. Have a nice day!
© All Rights Reserved. International Intellectual Property Law Association, Inc. (IIPLA)589, S 22nd St. San Jose, CA 95116, USA
Toll Free (USA): +1 844 MY-IIPLA (+1 844 694 4752)Fax: +1 408 668 1000Email: firstname.lastname@example.org