IIPLA Event Refund/Cancellation Policy
- Registration Cancellation by Participant
- All payments made for event registrations are non-refundable.
- Only substitution/Change in name is provided at no extra charges.
- Future conference credits are provided only in case of Non-issuance of Visa.
- Event Cancellation by IIPLA
- The International Intellectual Property Law Association (IIPLA) reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If IIPLA cancels or postpones an event, registrants will be offered a full credit which can be utilized in future/postponed IIPLA conferences.
IIPLA Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy
All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used membership periods. Except as noted here, all paid products including Membership Account subscriptions are nonrefundable after purchase and delivery.
An exception we may consider is providing a refund when we’ve updated your payment information and there are good reasons to believe that you did not intend for an update to be made.
Also, under the laws applicable in your jurisdiction, Membership Account subscribers may qualify for a refund if requested during a short period of time after the beginning of the subscription. For example, citizens of the European Union are entitled to a full refund during the 14 days after the subscription begins. Please note that this 14 day period commences when the subscription service starts, which in the event of free trial promotions happens before you are first charged, and so there may be no fees paid to be refunded.
Note: All of your Membership features expire as soon as your cancellation takes effect at the end of your current billing cycle, so make sure you use all your available facilities before your account is canceled.
Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
These above policies apply to all IIPLA memberships unless otherwise noted in the corresponding program materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.
The IIPLA Service Satisfaction Guarantee
In addition to certain guarantees provided by law, IIPLA guarantees your satisfaction with our services and support. If you are not satisfied with our services, please contact us immediately and we will correct the situation, provide a refund or offer credit that can be used for future IIPLA orders.
IIPLA Satisfaction Guarantee Details:
- If you’re not satisfied, simply call us toll-free at (844) MY-IIPLA during our normal business hours. All requests made under this guarantee must be made within 60 days of purchase. We will process your request within 5 business days after we’ve received all of the documents and materials sent to you. Unfortunately, we can’t refund or credit any money paid to government entities, such as filing fees or taxes, or to other third parties with a role in processing your order. We also cannot refund any money paid by you directly to third parties, such as payments made by you directly to attorneys affiliated with our legal plans or attorney-assisted products.
- If you want to exchange the product you ordered for a different one, you must request this exchange and complete your replacement order within 60 days of purchase. The purchase price of the original item, less any money paid to government entities, such as filing fees or taxes, or to other third parties with a role in processing your order, will be credited to your IIPLA account. Any payments made directly by you to attorneys affiliated with our legal plans or attorney-assisted products are not eligible for exchange or credit. Any price difference between the original order and the replacement order or, if a replacement order is not completed within 60 days of purchase, the full original purchase price (in each case less any money paid to government entities or other third parties) will be credited to the original form of payment. If you paid for your original order by check, IIPLA will mail a check for the applicable amount to your billing address.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the results or outcome of your particular procedure. For instance, the government may reject a trademark application for legal reasons beyond the scope of IIPLA’s service. In some cases, a government backlog can lead to long delays before your process is complete. Similarly, IIPLA does not guarantee the results or outcomes of the services rendered by our legal plan attorneys or attorney-assisted products. Problems like these are beyond our control and are not covered by this guarantee.
- Since we’re dedicating time and effort to your legal document preparation, our guarantee only covers satisfaction issues caused by IIPLA – not changes to your situation or your state of mind.
Updated August 1, 2019